No, I understand what you mean about the cuts. I was refering to the small amount of material removed from the kerf of the saw blade that would be lost at each cut. It would only be a tiny bit for each cut, but since it was already too tight, that tiny bit added up from the many cuts that would be required would most likely make it not fit at all. I will probably still go back and play around with the releif cut idea in the future just to see how it works out.

I finished up the windshield reflector cozy, and it works GREAT. I opted for the design of sittin the "lid" down on the ground, the pot on top with the handles folded shut, then the sit the cozy over the top of the pot. I cut a piece of blue foam to put under the "lid" to insulate it from the ground better. I found that with the windshield reflector material, there's really no cooling time required before sitting it right down on the material. I also cut my windscreen to be the same height as the inside of the cozy, so that it can be placed inside the cozy to protect it from being crushed in the pack. There is still room for the pot inside the cozy with the windscreen, and the stove and pot stand inside the pot, so the whole thing nests together well. I will be making a storage sack to keep it all together now that I'm settled on the design. Thanks for all the help everyone.