You'll have to try them on and see what fits.

All the lighter synthetic shoes and boots are going to be good for a few hundred miles at best... I've gotten 500-600 miles out of some trail shoes, and less out of others, and it doesn't seem to be anything you can predict. All are going to be the same materials, but all are designed differently.

But, you get a pair of hiking shoes that fit you and you will see a huge difference in comfort! I will never wear boots again unless it's winter. I've got some trail runners that are so comfy I can wear them all day with no soreness at the end of the day. With a pack weight between 20-30 lbs there's not really a huge need for heavy duty boots for walking on trails.

You are going to want something that gives you enough room in the toe box that you're not banging on the fronts going downhill, and doesn't chafe the heel repeatedly - beyond that, what works for you won't be the same as what works for anyone else, since everyone has different feet. It's hard to make recommendations beyond generalities - I have had poor luck with some brands and better luck with others, but only because of fit, not the shoe itself.

http://hikeandbackpack.com