hi this is my first post. i really want to get my family outside and enjoy nature. i have a couple questions for you more experienced people out there that may end up making for more questions later. here goes.

i have a large family. me, the wife, and 6 kids. oldest will be 9 shortly and the youngest is almost 16 months. for the most part they all listen well. my questions start with how long is to long of a hike? the 2 youngest at 16 months and soon to be 3 would be spending most of their time in a double stroller or a wagon with trailer. i realize alot of the distance question becomes how far do i want to push/pull them kids?

i live in the st louis are and was looking for a hike i could take the children on that would be somewhat easy, we could stop and cook something to eat for lunch over a campfire, and finish out the day at the end of the trail.

i would really like this to be a test run to see if this something my family would enjoy doing on a more regular basis. let me know what you guys think.

thanks alot