Lori, I took a look at the quest tent you mentioned. That looks like a very interesting design. The main question I have with it, is it seems a little large with all those flaps out. Do you think that would every likely be a problem?

Old ranger, thats why I was asking about it here. I know usually you get what you pay for, but there are sometimes exceptions to that, so I figured I'd check and see if this was one of those times.

Glenn, yes you can add a floor, his site talks about it.

Kent, I will look into that design too. I looked at the fabric (you forgot the h in noah by the way) and all I saw on there was urathane coated, it seems to me that silicone coated seems to be the prefered cloth around here. I'm going to have to look into those differences a bit.

Finallyme, I'm not sure what the materials are. I know that my coleman max pack is much better than some of the other cheap brand stuff at walmart, so I figured if there was any hope for a cheap tent to be decent, it would be this one.

Trailrunner, it will really just be for weekend trips, nothing too long. I wont be out in any snow with it at all, and don't PLAN to be out in any serious wind or stormy weather or anything like that. I wont be using it solo. Honestly, I dont really know that a vestibule matters to me. Like I said, I dont really plan to be out in any bad weather if I can help it, and from my understanding they're mainly used as a place to cook out of the rain and that sort of thing. Since I dont plan to be out in much bad weather I dont know that it would make much difference to me either way.