Quote:
"BrianLe, please let us know how the Lightheart Solo works for you! It's one of the few double-wall tents that uses trekking poles. I understand you plan to use it on the CDT? That certainly will provide a good test!"

Hi OM. I'll try to remember to do so; plan is to be out from June through Oct or Nov, so that's a long time to forget about this thread!

I don't have the tent yet; I'm getting a partly cuben-fiber model, and there's a delay in getting that fabric.

In fact, Mark Verber had some unhappy wind experience with the tent, and wind is a big factor on the CDT. Judy Gross (of Lightheart Gear) has assured me that she'll have a nice velcro piece sewn in to prevent the issue that Mark had. Sounds like he had some pretty fierce winds.

Always a bit of an adventure with new gear, but folks have been using Lightheart tents for a while now, mostly on the AT I think (with good reviews). A friend hiked the CDT in 2009 using just a SMD Wild Oasis --- next to that the Lightheart Solo will seem like a 4-season tent! :-)