Originally Posted By GDeadphans
Originally Posted By aimless
Just as a reminder to those who are responding to justme, that "3-4 season" means different things to different forumites. In this case, he apparently lives in Wyoming, where the season called "summer" includes snow, hail, and frigid lashing winds on any day of the year.

I don't think a hammock could under any stretch be used in a Wyoming winter. You'd need a "5-season" hammock for that! grin

He/she had mentioned wanting a bivvy or a hammock for spring fall and summer - so that reply was for that part of her message. You most certainly can hammock in the winter. Its an amazing set up. Just watched a bunch of videos on it actually by Shug over at hammockforums.net whose from Minnesota. Had a set up for -2F. crazy

Justme I have a Marmot Twilight 2P and I love that thing. Some people on here would consider it a bit on the heavy side at 5 lbs 4oz. But I love the small pack size and its certainly lighter than the first tent I ever owned lol. I got lucky and found one for a $180 on Zappos.com believe it or not, but they normally run around $240. There is plenty of room inside. The tent's roof pitch is sufficient enough so you can sit up comfortably when needed. Inside there is the perfect amount of room for two averaged sized humans. I wouldnt want to sleep in that tent with anyone else but my significant other or an extremely close friend, but it is still comfortable.

Two side doors each with its own vestibule so you and your spouse or friend can put their gear on their side and have there own entry/exit point. Also a neat little window thing inside so you can look out. There is also a ventilation "system" on the rain fly. It pops up and allows moisture to escape, a really great feature.

lori What kind of hammock do you own? I am just getting in to hammocking and researching the different brands and different set ups. I am thinking about a Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the suggestion on a tent and by the way im a dude lol