Originally Posted By Glenn

That simple, two-word answer is all I need from any of you. I have my own suspicions, but I've got no experience with mine below about 35 degrees, when it worked OK. (A BA IAC pad was cold at 25.) I'm not looking for hints on how to "improve" the range, just for anecdotal information on the coldest unassisted use you've had.

I don't use a Neo-air - I haven't yet been convinced enough to buy one. However, if what you mean for a BA IAC is a Big Agnes Insulated Air Core - that is my goto winter pad. I use it down to about -15 Celsius (a lot colder than 25F) and I am warm and toasty on it. below that I add a blue foam pad to it.

So based on that assumption, if you were cold on the big agnes at 25, I'm suspecting you'll find the neo-air pretty darn chilly without a topper of some kind. (i.e. a foam pad on top.)

So see, there's really no simple two word answer - a lot of it is based on the individual, and the rest of your gear - based on your answer (that you find the BA cold at 25) *I* might even find the neo-air ok at your temps, just because I know I'm comfortable on the BA down a lot colder than you are.

Browse my pictures