Originally Posted By GDeadphans

lori What kind of hammock do you own? I am just getting in to hammocking and researching the different brands and different set ups. I am thinking about a Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Pro. Any thoughts?

That would be an inexpensive way to go... at about the same cost a Warbonnet Traveller would allow for a flatter lay (same hammock as the Blackbird without a bugnet) but you would need to purchase the bugnet separately. Or the Switchback, which lets you change directions (can put head on other end of the hammock and still have a nice diagonal lay) or roll up the bugnet. Skeeter Beeter does not have a ridgeline so you have to tie up the netting. If you're not a tall person the Skeeter Beater may work for you, but taller folks who want the nice flat lay on the diagonal look to the larger Hennessy models, the Warbonnet hammocks, or even a ENO double hammock.

I have a Blackbird. Very spoiled with it. I'm taking it snowshoeing at the end of January, expect I will be much warmer that way. I'll probably sleep like a rock in my cocoon of down. I have a 0 degree underquilt with a mylar liner.

http://hikeandbackpack.com