I have spent some time under a small hennesy cat tarp using a dryducks poncho as a bivy when that faild i switched to a taped diy envelope bivy made 100% out of tyvek and gorilla tape verry nice i might say. Im in the Process of making another. but tyvek is really not that breathable and neither is the dryducks poncho. and the lack of bug netting was exatly that lacking. Im getting ready to purchase my first down bag or quilt. To replace a microfiber blanket i had been using sence spring and am now slightly more worried about moisture build up on multi day hikes. aswell as the fact i made the other two bivys to see if bivy camping was for me. and now convinced. Im looking for something i will not have to replace for many years to come. and that i can get four season use out of. aswell as take some abuse. I know alot of pepole are going to recomend small solo tents. but i dont see pitching a contrail or sublite within the walls of a shelter flying well with the other residence. Im currently interrestd in a few different models.

Black Diamond Hooped bivy
Integral Designs backcountry bivy
Out door reasearch Aurora

Any suggestions or comments on bivy qualty design or concept will be greatly appreciated.

once again thanks in advance for any advice it all will be conciderd . and heres a poll for a little fun.

If you were to purchase a bivy for throw down conditions
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 09/10/10 05:07 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Edited by Samoset (09/10/10 05:24 PM)