I've been playing around with this kit for a while and have found it to be adequate for my needs (short trips <3 days, healthy 25 y/o male without chronic medical problems and no allergies). Thought I'd share in case it will fit your needs as well. Priorities for the kit are minor soft tissue trauma, blisters, and minor aches from overuse musculoskeletal injuries:

3 4x4 surgical sponges (each pack contains 2)
1 moleskin
2 Band-aids (standard size and shape)
4 safety pins
1/2 roll TransPore tape (surgical tape, 1/2 inch)
1 packet triple antibiotic ointment
1 packet BurnGel (used as a topical anesthetic for wound cleaning)
3 providione-iodine prep pads (diluted in water for wound cleaning, or for routinecare of feet to kill odor)
3 ibuprofen 600mg tablet (prescription strength, equivelant of 2 OTC tablets)
2 packets Tylenol Extra Strength (each packet contains two 500mg tablets)
1 packet Immodium (contains two tablets loperamide 2mg...much more likely to have volume shock problems from diarrhea than from severe arterial bleeding)
1 tube After Bite

All contents in a freezer bag...technically I suppose you could poke a hole in the corner for wound irrigation, but it's really hard to get nough pressure that way.

As a caveat...I have training in wilderness medicine (teach it too as a matter of fact) and am very well acquainted with the use of everything in this kit, and methods to improvise many things the kit does not contain.