Just and I mean just got back from a bp trip. Rained at least some of four or five of the six days and froze lightly three nights. Last night was the heaviest rain with the most thunder and lightning. I almost always try to situate my shelter where water will drain around my shelter or not be an issue. I spent maybe five minutes or so yesterday contemplating one spot over another and five or so areas to choose from. Not easy for a Libra.:) The second spot I selected because it offered better setup, level and was away from any drainage areas. Or so I thought. I found out in a hurry after it started dumping, that about two feet of the front of my floorless TarpTent Squall was in the "channel". So my ground cloth got over run and my pillow made of my wind shirt and Polartec 100 top got soaked and I could feel some water soaking into my WM Caribou bag or so it felt like. I weighted it a little bit ago and it is only an oz or less heavier. In my early experience with my floorless, TT Squall, the (original) I have to either keep the edge of the netting anchored with small rocks or keep the ground cloth edges away from the netting. I see Henry has changed his TarpTents to reflect my findings like his bathtub bottom models. I now use the Gossamer Gear polycryo ground sheet to save weight. I have gone to using just a medium width sheet and place small stones under the edges to keep water at bay if it rains. This keeps water from going over the top and soaking whatever is on top of the groud cloth. I made it thru the night and packed early for the 12+ hour drive home. Just like a winter trip, I had to keep putting my hands into my pockets to warm them up. I was up, packed, ate and gone in about an hour. Also, like anything else similar to TarpTents, I had heavy condensation two nights in a row. Not fun this morning with both sides being wet. OregonMouse, if you read this, I did finally use my synthetic coat this morning since my Polartec 100 top was a dish rag. I noticed that no one in The Winds trenches like I see some do in the Sierra. Have you had any issues?