I am doing Roper's High Route Aug 4- Sept 6.

If anyone is interested in all or any of this trip please send me a personal message. This is a difficult off-trail route. Several passes are difficult Class 2. I plan an average rate of 7-8 miles per day, with on section slower at 5 miles per day for fishing (my husband is joining me on this section).

I plan on a "non-purist" through-hike doing three approximate 10-day sections, north to south, in a leap-frog manner. To contiguously do the trip would add 750 miles of driving and an extra day of shuttling. I am not that much of a purist! So here is the tentative plan:

1) Aug 4 Drive to North Lake (out of Bishop)
2) Aug 5-14 Solo hike south to Cedar Grove (Kings Canyon)
3) Aug 15 Husband picks me up, we drive to Mammoth Lakes via Tioga Pass
4) Aug 16-26 Slow paced fishing trip hike Lake George (east approach to Mammoth Crest instead of from Reds Meadow) south to North Lake.
5) Aug 27 husband drops me off at Twin Lakes (out of Bridgeport) on his way home
6) Aug 28-Sept 6 Solo hike Twin Lakes to Devil's Postpile with food pick-up at Tioga Pass.

I can adjust this schedule +/- a few days if someone were to join me. Also, with an additional car, the route could be done contiguously (south to north) with reasonable driving logistics.