Maybe, maybe not. Always try out every dish at home, first! You don't want to find out something didn't work when you're out on the trail!

Chunks of chicken have a tendency to become chicken jerky when dehydrated. It's recommended to use pressure-cooked or canned chicken for dehydrating.

I share Pika's concern about the fat. If your dish (which sounds yummy, by the way) works out, store it in the freezer and use it the first day of a trip. Next time, use low-fat meat and remove as much fat as possible. You can use seasonings to get the chorizo flavor. I still use the freezer to store anything that has meat in it.

Veggies need to be sliced very, very thin. Home dehydrated peas and corn have a tendency to retain a buckshot-like consistency. Except for a few things like spinach, I've given up dehydrating veggies and use the "Just Tomatoes" brand freeze-dried vegetables.

Lots of ideas on dehydrating backpacking meals on Sarbar's website.

EDIT, later: Please let us know how the chicken/chorizo came out after dehydrating and rehydrating!

Edited by OregonMouse (06/23/10 06:04 PM)