Hey,

@ DJ2: Thanks for the link. I found the Salt Creek some weeks ago and also contacted BigAgnes to find out if there were some lightweight env. fri. materials. As you might have noticed the Salt Creek is about 2 lbs heavier than their other tents of this size. Their reply was that it's difficult to find lightweight recycled materials as of now. There's also greenoutdoor.co.uk, however, their Green Peaks tent is also quite heavy for my purposes (it's a big size tent), and they don't sell their fabric ...

@finallyMe: Yeah, it's a good question. I've heard the same said, and reckon that it depends on discernment in the actual situation. What I do know though, is that my body (i.e. the way it feels on my skin) clearly prefers natural materials (cotton, wools, natural silk, natural fibers etc.) but these materials - as far as I know - tend to get quite heavy and may not be fully waterproof.

I'm "just" hoping somebody has investigated this - or works in this area - and has suggestions. Very lightweight natural fibers are preferred, yet to they exist?

Greetings,

Jesper