Ok, I find that for me just buying freeze dried food (mountain house, backpaker pantry etc) and taking it has made my backpacking trips and preperation for them a lot more enjoyable. And less on the budget as well (I get a really good deal at WINCO).

But I am predominantly a vegitarian. I will have a burger or a chicken sandwich or something like that when I go out from time to time but for the moost part I try to be a vegitarian.

Now there are not a lot of veggie meals in said selection of freez dried meals so I just get the ones I want (spaghetti with meat sause is my fav) now when reconstituted it tastes and fel just likeit would if I was to cook it at home (to an extent).

But with the process if what it has to go through to become freez dried or what ever does that take out the bad stuff in what meat is (I am a veggie for health purposes) so like is all the fat and bad by products that can cause health issues in meat gone? Am I now just eating a hamburger flavered something that could almost be like TVP? Or is still meat and I am going to take the risk and eal with it? Just curious.
Thanks