I used the Hubba for a long time; it's virtually identical to the CR1: same floor dimensions, but 3 inches less height. Also, the Hubba is "freestanding" except that you still have to stake out the vestibule.

It costs $280, but there are a few ways to decrease it at Moosejaw.com (one of the vendors on the website's portal): one is to set up a Rewards points account; you get 10% rebate in store credit at the time of purchase. They occasionally have a 20% off sale on virtually the entire inventory (and you still get, I think, 5% store credit.) Also, right now, you can buy a $100 gift card and get a "free" $25 gift card added; I didn't read all the rules about it, but it would seem like, if you bought 2 cards, you'd end up saving $50 on the tent.

Of course, there's nothing in the world wrong with the two tents you're considering - it's actually getting pretty hard to buy bad gear from mainstream manufacturers any more. The only reason I mentioned the Hubba is to give you one more option (which you don't have to take.)