Originally Posted By NightForce
Well, I purchased a double wall and I'm glad I did. Hot tea made at home with boiling water took about 10 min to cool to drinkable temps, i.e. not lip scalding hot, the rim was only warm to the touch and the tea stayed hot while leisurely drinking it. Cold beverages seem to stay cold as well; ice lasts a while in the cup and the outside didn't sweat. Not really a backpackers concern I know, but a concern for someone like me who will use it for everyday use.

Definately not a concern when backpacking.

In a single walled cup the idea is that you do not fill the cup all the way to the rim; in fact I only fill mine around 3/4 full and by the time I have placed my pot on the ground and extinguished my stove I am able to drink from the cup without burning my lips-- and stays warm throughout my breakfast or dinner, which is long enough for me.

True, if you want a mug to take to work, class or to use around the home then a doubled walled is probably the way to go in order to keep your beverage warm enough for such a purpose. In the back-country, one often doesn't mull over a cup of coffee for a hour or so and thus a double-walled mug is not much use.