I have spent more time backpacking as part of climbing than just backpacking.

I am not familiar with Cabella stuff- I do think it is heavier than other brands. In spite of the hefty price, my mountaineering cloths are from the high end manufacturers such as ArcTerex or Marmot. We used the Mountain Hardware Approach (5 pounds) and found it very wind-worthy at high altitudes. In the Sierra I simply used a bivy sack - you actually spend little time in the sack if you are up at 3AM to start climbing.

The climbing gear is heavy so do as much as you can to reduce this. Depending on the type of climbing, you may be able to use a 50-m rope and light alpine rack. When I did serious 5th class backcountry climbing, my partner and I would use 50-meter double ropes. We primarily did this for quick retreat- less rappels use less anchors and you can get down faster in lightening storms. The total rope weight was more but we took less "emergency" gear for anchors. This also divided the rope weight - each of us carried one rope. We used very light wire-gate biners, Aliens, light spectra slings, stoppers. I rarely took any large pro unless I specifically knew it was needed. It was easy to find placements for small pro in the alpine environment. And consider the amount of pro. I climbed "Moon Goddess" a 5.8 8+pitch route on Temple Crage (in the Sierra) with a crazy eastern European climber - we did the entire climb with 8 small cams! And a rock fell on the rope half-way up and cut off 30 feet of rope and one cam got stuck so we lost that! I would not go this far (at one point he actually wedged rocks in cracks for pro and salvaged used slings that were on the route!). And if you climb well within your abilities, you really should not need a lot of gear. Alpine climbing is not sport climbing.

As for shoes, on rock climbs I approached and descended in light tennis shoes with SuperFeet inserts and used rock shoes on the route. I descended the Mountaineers Route on Whitney in tennis shoes. If doing this it is critical to time the descent before the snow hardens. I also rarely used crampons. One trick we did in the Sierra (snow here is called Sierra Cement) is kick steps up snow to the base of the climb the afternoon we get to base camp. Then in morning, when the snow is rock-hard we have nice flat steps to go up so do not need crampons.

I'm sure otherse here on this forum who climb have other good suggestions.