You know after reading a lot of these threads and the benefits of going light I want to stop and ask. Are any of you mountaineering? If so, what are some suggestions that can be useful taking into account that the pack will just HAVE to have some weight on it? I mean besides nine to fifteen days of food I am taking my rope, crampons, ice-axe, sometimes snowshoes, pickets, anchors, etc... Along with that my tent has to be bombproof in the wind, my sleeping bag at least 15 degrees (3 lbs), I must have a hefty mid-layer, gloves, boots, etc... My pack must be able to handle all of this too (I use a small gregory denali). What do you guys suggest?
I will give my gear list.
-North Face Spectrum 23 tent - (I am not in love w/ this tent at all but it can withstand some Wyoming wind alright).
-Gregory Denali pro small
-Sierra Designs Nitro 15 800 fill bag
-Jet boil stove
-Cabelas XPG light sleeping pad
-I use 2 gatorade bottles and one soft bladder for water
-Coffee filters w/ iodine for water treatment
-Basic polyester baselayers
-Black diamond fleece pants
-Mt. Hardware basic hiking pants
-Mt. Hrdware fleece pull-over
-Some sort of columbia synthetic puffy pull-over
-Cabelas gore-tex rain jackets and pants
-Redlakes Softshell technical jacket w/ hood (only bring this sometimes)
-Basic fleece beenie and waterproof rei gloves
-3 pairs of smart wool socks. sleeping, hiking, and for mittens over my gloves
-Black diamond raven ice axe
-CAMP strap crampons
-Chaco's (sometimes)
-Merrel thinsulate high boots
-Eidelrid 9.8 eagle dry rope (60m)
-Black Diamond momentum harness
-beeners, belay device, cordura for prussic
-food, water, deet, sunscreen, chapstick, bandana

I don't know, I am all for going light but man I am just having a hard time seeing where. Suggestions? A typical trip is 4-5 days of mild backpacking anywhere from 11000-13000 ft. One-3 days for summiting to allow for bad weather, etc... Three days back. I take my time getting to summit so I am rested and safe.
What do you guys think?