I suspect that the info you quoted included a bit of butter for the frying pan in the calorie data. From the information I have seen, three ounces of raw wild trout contains about 100 calories; just under 35 calories per ounce. When cooked, three ounces have about 130 calories. But, three oz of cooked fish is more fish than the same amount of raw fish; cooking = shrikage. Check out http://www.freedieting.com/calories/trout.htm for one source of trout calorie values. Farmed trout run a bit richer IIRC.

Depending on where one is fishing, the keep-limit is between 5 and 10 fish per day. Most wild trout I catch would average between 7 and 8 inches long and after being cleaned yield about three oz of meat, skin and bones (with the head off). Eating five trout this size will give you about 500 calories; a good meal. If you go hiking to fish, this is a good way to eat without having to carry excess food weight. But, if you are not hiking to get to fishing, the fishing can be a time-consuming distraction and, if you are relying on catching trout, can bite into a days mileage.

I don't believe that the OP was going hiking to fish; IIRC, he was going to fish a bit more casually.