After taking my first few backpacking trips I am becoming more comfortable doing this but the trips have also raised new questions which I hadn't thought of until being out backpacking.

1. How do you get comfortable sleeping outside?
So far I have really enjoyed the hiking but sleeping has been the most troublesome part of my trips. On my most recent adventure i felt that my sleeping bag/pad were pretty comfortable but I woke up cold a bunch of times throughout the night. Temps dipped to ~ 28 and I was wearing a hat, gloves, thermal underwear top/bottom (synthetic) and a thin layer over that. My nose was particularly chilly. My bag is a 32degree bag (Marmot Arroyo). Any tips on being warm and comfortable?

2. How much clothes do you bring?

So far I have just done overnighters and I am trying to plan for a 2 night trip and a 6night trip. On my last overnighter I brought hiking shorts, shirt, socks (all synthetic). Thermal underwear,winter hat, gloves, extra socks, balaclava, extra shirt. How much more over this would I bring on a longer trip in spring conditions? Temps where i hike will be probably 30's to 40's at night and mid 50's to hi 60's during the day.

3. How do you deal with rain?
I havn't encountered rain yet on my trips and dealing with the rain is something I'd liek to think about. I own both a rain cover for my backpack and a poncho. I have an ok rain jacket but I have never really used it for hours in the rain. What system do you guys like better jacket/pack cover or poncho? Assuming it is raining is there an easy way to get a camp stove running or are there any tricks?

I'm sure I can think of a bunch more questions but let's start with just these three!