Very nice write-up Lori.

I am in the "Bad back" group and after 9 nights on the ground in Grand Canyon, I started looking for another option. My 1st hammock was a Warbonnet Blackbird, and I love it. Brandon is great and a pleasure to deal with. We are now a 2 hammock family and my 2nd is a Switchback by Tree to Tree Gear, another homegrown business. It is larger than the WBBB without a structural ridgeline and has zippers on both sides, therefore the name "Switchback since there is not head or foot end. I haven't had a chance to use it much but so far I really like it.

One thing I will add that is key for me. The tarp is like having a huge vestibule. You can sit in your hammock to dress and undress and your shoes sit in place under the hammock, where you step right out of/into them. No crawling or tracking mud, dirt, sand, into your sleeping area.

This is from a 1 night hang at Mt Shasta about 1/4 mile from the ski area, a couple weeks ago. Snow depth 68" at base, 120" at top.