I'd like to chime in about the Superior Hiking Trail along Lake Superior in Minnesota. From Two harbors to Grand Portage (S-->N), you will see wild northern territory with lots of lake views (one stretch is alont the rocky shores). The Terminus connects with the Border Route trail, and that is some amazing territory. The Border Route takes you through the Boundary Waters Canoe Area, up and down amazing cliffs and portages, deep into some wild north woods. As a detour along the Superior Trail, just before the terminus and the beginning of the Border Route, you could take a ferry out ot Isle Royale, and check that out. It is rough and amazing...

You are my hiker hero, 300M. I feel your need to hit the trails while you feel you still can. But really, I get the impression that you might want to go ahead and invest in some brand new gear that you can wear out. Plenty of miles left in ya...

Oh yeah, consider getting an Osprey Atmos 65 Backpack... The prices have come down (sales), and they are totally awesome. The frame is really something...

Edited by weight2funratio (01/31/10 09:39 PM)