Without knowing your situation, I can't advise fully. I can only explain some of what I've experienced and learned.

My dad grew up on a farm in the 20's and 30's. Times were very tough, but they managed anyway. Back then, people were pretty self-sufficient, and often handled all the necessary tasks for living on their own. I "inherited" much of my dad's "do-it-yourself" attitude.

When I was maybe 13, my dad finished our basement. I remember asking him how he knew how to do all the things he was doing. He responded that he just "did it". I didn't understand then, but I since learned what he meant. Growing up on a farm, you just did what needed doing, and if you didn't know how to do it, you figured it out somehow.

Another story before I make my point. In the early 80's, I decided to go to the mountains of western Mexico with my new mountain bicycle to meet the Cora and Huichole Indians of that region. It was a tall dream, because I was "financially challenged", and needed the proper gear. I sewed a bike travel bag. I sewed stuff sacks. I figured out how to carry water in homemade carriers. I dehydrated food. I acquired high quality front and rear bike panniers cheap, a Whisperlite stove, pans, lightweight kids sleeping bag, etc. It was a lot of time and effort, but I got to the tops of the mountains in an area so remote that there were no roads, no vehicles, no electricity, no hotels or hostels. I did it.

I wanted to finish my basement in my tiny house to make more space for my three children. But again, as is so often the case, I had no money to pay anyone anything for their help. I figured out how to do the plumbing (including digging up and replacing concrete to add a shower drain and other bathroom fixtures), electricity, tiling, cut cinder block to put in bigger windows, drywall, paint, move the laundry to a different part of the basement, replace and move the water heater, move the water softener, move gas pipes, create/trim built-in bookcases, and build/equip a sauna. Again, I did it.

Here's my point. If there's a will, there's a way. But that doesn't mean that what you want to do makes sense given the effort, cost and time.

A civilized economy is built on specialization. This started happening in the early 1800's in England and Europe, and then the USA. People do what they are trained to do, and pay others from their earnings for services and goods they need.

There's an old saying — "Stick to your knitting." In other words, do what you know how to do best. Pay for the rest. However, this doesn't necessarily apply to hobbies and other things you want to learn and get into.

I would recommend to focus on a good education, and then use it to earn enough to buy what you need for the things you want to do.

So let us know how it goes. Keep us posted.

P.S. — You could get an army surplus feather/down bag cheap (very warm but sort of heavy). Maybe that will "hold" you for the time being.