I’ve used a Gust and lately a Pinnacle (for long trips or if I’m carrying for 2). I’ll share what I do at the end of this. But first some background.
My back sweats like a pig with these styles. On some other backpacking sight, one guy said he solved the problem by not tucking his shirt in. His flapping shirt tail was the wick that kept his shirt dry. Or was that on this sight? Anyway I haven’t tried that yet.

In the summer I love my GG Murmer (8.9oz w/ sit pad pad). The back pocket holds the sit pad but I still sweat badly. I also put a shammy (found in Walmart in the car section) in the pocket. This really sucks the sweat off my back--- and my cotton-polyester JCPenny shirt now stays pretty dry. However, the shammy gets soaked. So at rest stops, I set the shammy on my hiking pole, which is stabbed into the ground—facing the sun, and it dries in 10-15 minutes. In fact, it becomes a biting-fly collector at the rest stops and then the insects don’t bother me.

Now when I wear the Pinnacle, there is no ‘pocket’ to shove the shammy in. This took a little practice but I have a technique to rest the shammy on my back and then I put on the Pinnacle. The shammy is now pinned between my back and the Pinnacle. The shammy collects my sweat well. And again at rest stops I let my shammy dry on my hiking pole (or hang it on a tree).

And that shammy is multipurpose; I use it for my showers, face cleaner, condensation cleaner, rag, dish wipe, etc., It’s about 14” x14” and weighs about 2oz.

And some more shammy stories; when it’s colder, I wear my Western Mountaineering Flight jacket w/ my Pinnacle. I also stick my shammy between the coat and Pinnacle. When I stop for a rest, my shammy is soaked. My shirt and Flight jacket are dry. Somehow that shammy wicks the sweat off my shirt and through the 850 down jacket. Amazing.

-Barry