Quote:
two dog packs but only one dog

Me, too. I use one for dayhiking (the Kelty Sherpa I bought for Hysson six years ago) and the other, which is much larger capacity, for backpacking (the Ruffwear Palisades shown in my avatar). I bought the second only because I planned a 7-day trip and the Kelty wouldn't hold more than 3-4 days worth of dog food. I found the old model Palisades (the current model is a lot smaller) on closeout. For that matter, the Kelty was on closeout when I got it too, so I got both packs for about half price.

I do keep going through my old junk. I still have my old Kelty external frame backpack. For that matter, I have an old homemade Trapper Nelson pack hanging in my garage. I probably should check to see if the Mazamas would like the latter for their clubhouse before I ditch it.

My parents threw out a lot of what they considered old junk. One of them was an antique mantel clock inherited from my great-grandmother, which I would give my eye teeth to have! Just because you think something is junk doesn't mean that others won't give good money for it!!

Edited by OregonMouse (11/23/09 05:24 PM)