Thanks for the vote of confidence blush. Actually I used to rep for (and still am enamored by) Westcomb and feel the exact same as you concerning Gore-Tex. I will just say I'm not a fan of Gore...

I use almost exclusively eVENT and try to avoid Gore-Tex as much as possible.

One thing in regards to the durability of eVENT and Westcomb is how they tape the seams. I took a tour of their factory in Vancouver and came away tremendously impressed! One of the things I learned in regards to durability of Westcomb's taped eVENT 3-ply jackets is how they apply the seam tape. They only have 5 people in the factory that can do it and it takes them a year to be trained. It takes a serious amount of patience and concentration (it's all done by hand). They can only go at a pace of about 5 inches per second which is excruciatingly slow when compared to Gore-Tex seam sealing (around 20 - 30 inches per second). The reason why Gore can be taped so much faster is the polyurethane, monolithic membrane which plagues Gore-Tex. Because of this PU coating, taping Gore-Tex is super easy because the tape adheres to this layer. However, eVENT doesn't have a PU layer (which makes it much more breathable), but it's also not as easy to adhere the tape (like trying to apply tape to teflon). What they have to do is go really slow and apply much more pressure so that the glue is forced literally through the ePTFE membrane holes (9 billion holes per square inch) and on to the face material. Gabriel, one of the founders of Westcomb, told me that no one who works at Westcomb has ever taped a Gore-Tex shell. He said it would ruin them because you can tape it so much faster. He's afraid that they'll get in too big of a hurry and thus ruin the jacket. They put a tremendous amount of effort into durability, quality of construction, materials, and fit. It was absolutely amazing!

eVENT, currently, is the most breathable membrane available, and when combined with one of the top outerwear manufacturers in the world, Westcomb, just as durable as Gore-Tex. I don't rep for them anymore, but I do believe in them wholeheartedy and use their stuff exclusively...