Now that the unbearable summer heat has dissipated, we've gone camping the last two months. September was still quite warm but this past weekend was perfect here in Deep East Texas.

I use a Claytor Jungle hammock and my son uses a no-name top loader. In September, I used a ccf pad in a neat sheet and a Sportsman's Guide 50F bag as a top quilt. My son used just a fleece blanket and got a little cool. Temps were in the mid 60's.

This past weekend, the temps got down into the mid 40's on Friday night and mid 40's with wind on Saturday night.
I used an Exped downmat 7 and a RayWay quilt (alpine upgrade). I also slept in warm-up pants, t-shirt, fleece pullover,socks. I stayed quite warm.

My son used a 3/8in (5mm?) ccf pad slipped inside a neatsheet sleeve (to reduce condensation) and his NF Cats Meow sleeping bag (no warm clothing). He sleeps hot and said he was fine.
(I swear I'm going to use on of those infrared thermometer guns on him and see how much heat he puts off when sleeping.)

Cat cut tarps over both.
Here are some pic's. Enjoy. Questions welcomed.
Looking forward to even cooler night time temps. I will be making an underquilt this winter.

http://tango61.shutterfly.com/185