The kukhri looks good but I can't imagine how the hacksaw knife would be useful for much. Hacksaw blades bend too easily, stock's too thin for a knife and the temper is wrong.

I used to make a lot of my own tools and knives, cutting blanks from plow discs and sawmill blades and shaping by forging and grinding. Getting things tempered right isn't easy and the thinner the steel the trickier it is. One of my favorite knives was built around a blade blank of laminated swedish steel, all I had to do was make everything else, bolster and handle slabs and pommel and sheath. Still lots of work but it was a really good knife and I've still got it someplace.

I looked for the blade and Woodcraft Supply still has it at Woodcraft Supply Large Laminated Knife. I had a few pieces of Brazilian rosewood laying around back then, and the blade I used had a rattail tang, so I wound up with a really nice looking knife with a rosewood handle and brass fittings for about twenty bucks. Heck of a deal. Price has gone up on the blade now, but it's a full tang model, stronger and simpler. Several other kits available at Woodcraft Supply.

JimmyTH