Today the nice UPS man delivered my Moment TarpTent. I immediately set it up in my back yard for seam sealing, which I'll do tomorrow, after it stretches a bit.

The Moment has even MORE attention to detail than my former Contrail, and very clever details at that. How about Velcro strips inside the roof vents to close them in huricanes? Or internal vent clips to open them a bit more? How about an internal clip on narrow tape to hold up the bottom of the backside fly for more ventilation? And it goes on and on. Heck, there are things on the tent I haven't even figured out yet. (My wife would say that's no surprise.) Henry must have spent a lot of time testing this bugger and refining it.

There's room enough in the closed vestibule to put your pack beside the entrance and then cook in the entrance area. There's a small Fastex-type buckle at the bottom of the fly zipper so you can have the door closed but the zipper open for better venting - say when cooking (VERY carefully)in the vestibule in rainy weather.

True to Tarptent tradition all the fasteners are lightweight but perfectly strong for their job. There's even a netting floor at either end for your coffee cup or Boy Scout Field Manual to rest.

With the crossing pole in place you can pick the tent up and move it around, off of that anthill you just discovered.

As Franco down in Aus. (OZ) might say, "It's too right." And it is. Henry's done it yet again.

Eric