For those of you that have an on-the-canister stove like an MSR Pocket Rocket here's a conversion kit that cheaply converts it to a Wind Pro-type remote canister for car camping, baking, etc.

Brunton's Stove Stand is the answer. Merely screw your Pocket Rocket, Jet-Ti, etc., into the 3 legged stand and the canister on the end of the braided stainless hose and VOILE'! You have a remote canister stove.

Check out eBay. I couldn't find it on Brunton's site. (??)

Eric
P.S. After being taken to task at the "Outdoors Magic" Brit website's forum for the fact that few, if any, canister-top stoves have a preheating tube and the Brunton Stove Stand can't be used for cold weather cooking let me say this:
THIS CONVERSION KIT IS A THREE SEASON USE ITEM. (Egad!) It's great for car camping where the bit of extra weight is meaningless and the utility of its other features are handy.
NOTE: I suggest turning your burner's own fuel control knob all the way on so you have complete flame control back at the canister control knob. This prevents burned fingers and fiddling with the windscreen to adjust the flame.

Edited by 300winmag (06/26/09 08:28 PM)