Whaaaaaaaaat Barry Said - goodjob

Obviously you have been reading a lot and this is a very well thought out list. You will find that the reality of camping is a lot different than the planning phase in your living room. The instant you start hiking you will begin to wonder whether you brought too much. It seems pretty clever to have an awesome amount of function in little tiny light weight pieces of gear, however, not carrying it all is a lot lighter. Some items you may carry for 20 years before you decide to leave it at home.
crazy

So anyway I do this: I am part native american and I pack with an eye toward simplicity and low tech. Often I will only take items with a primitive analogy - like pots, tents, feather coats and feather sleeping bags. I may carry a stone knife but alas I have no water boda bag.

If you were a primitive camping say on a hunting trip, you might have some dried food, clothing, a way to start a fire, a stone knife and a weapon. Some furs or bird skins to wrap up in at night.

Granted this is the - uh umm 21st century huh? anyway I realise that a water filter, TP, first aid, map etc are optional modern things that some people carry - I do like my GPS, but I shun a lot of items on your list in my personal choices. Not that this isn't a good theoretical list.

Anyway if you had all of this stuff and find yourself at camp pulling all kinds of stuff out of your pack, you will wonder what ever entered you mind when you brought some of it. Take a print out of your list and write on it while you are camped out and the next time your list will be more personalised and less generic.

Have fun crazy and get out there and try out your gear. Even if you camp in your backyard.
Jim crazy