Isen,
Welcome. You have a very thorough listing. Good job there!
I'd start by looking at the big 3: pack, bag, and shelter. These generally offer the best weight savings for the money. If you can get all of these under 3lbs/48 oz, then you will should notice a difference on your back. Seeing that you too are from TN, the bugs may keep you from tarping, but I would recommend trying it out. If I am sleeping on the ground, then that saves loads of weight and is much more comfortable than a stuffy tent. The sleeping bag/pad situation can be greatly improved. Unfortunately, it will require some investment.

The other small items... Have you ever gotten home from a trip, unpacked and realized that you didn't use that particular item? In that case, it may qualify for elimination. The decisions are personal, and I do understand that. A few ounces at a time can add up to a pound quickly!

I especially like your non-essential category. I was starting to think that you copied my gear list! LOL