OK, so I've been reading ALOT of information on getting started into this new hobby (Books, websites, forums, etc) I have also been buying, borrowing, and inheriting gear in preparation for my first multi-day trip. I would like a little input as to what else you all might suggest in regards to my gear list and whatever else. Granted, I am trying to do this as cheap as possible at first and work my way toward lightweight

Pack: I bought a REI Flash 65 UL pack...it was the last thing I purchased like most ppl suggested and it was on sale and pretty inexpensive. (I went to an outfitter first had my torso measured/fitted etc.)

Bag : Lafuma Extreme 800 +40 degree bag...only 1.75 lbs and right at the temperature I need for summer in the South (which is better than the 4.5 lb Slumberjack +5 degree hand me down I had)

Stove: a hand me down Coleman Peak 1 mixed butane backpacking stove...it works so I can't complain.

Cookware: I have no clue

Shelter: A Kelty Clark tent that was never used, still in the box for only $10 at a yard sale. It weights a tad over 3 lbs. I took it out, set it up, sealed the seams, and hosed it down in the front yard. It stayed dry inside. Do I need to get/make a footprint?

I don't know what to do about water treatment...I don't want to have to boil everything but I also don't wanna spend another $75-100 on a filter, yet.

I need to get some synthetic clothes, namely pants and a shirt. As far as hiking in the summer in the TN (Cherokee NF and the GSMNP), how should I layer. Do I need long underwear? I already have rain gear and a fleece for the outer, just unsure about the base layers.

I have some boots that I broke in but I have an issue with them. When I was fitted for them, they were snug and felt great. Now they are broken in and I can feel my foot slide a bit in both. How can I remedy that other than buying a new expensive pair? Oh, I have one pair of Smartwool socks.

I have also been "training" by doing some day hikes as well as hiking a 2 mile trail almost daily behind my house. I've been on overnights but my first 3 day 2 night loop in the GSMNP is at the end of May. We are going to be doing about 6 miles per day. With the first day being 3000 ft going up in 4.5 miles and the rest of the trip is downhill. Is this too ambitious? Or am I being a fool by over-preparing/over-thinking this whole thing?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!