This is off topic from peanut butter recall, but it does relate to more basic tastes. When I was a kid, my mom fed us all cracked-wheat cereal. For those who don't know about it, it is wheat that is just cracked open (as opposed to ground into flower) and cooked like oatmeal. My mom would crack it fresh in the wheat grinder on super coarse. I absolutely hated the stuff. At first, I could put brown sugar on it, but then my dad said it was too expensive. He did allow us to put as much honey as we wanted though (we had a few hives and lots of extra honey). I always wanted to eat cold cereal like all my friends. Now, I love cracked wheat cereal and hate cold cereal. I especially love the "wheat" taste. Some goes for bread. I consider cheap store bread as "Not Fit for Human Consumption". I also noticed that I can't eat fast food (unless it is a salad). I think it is the grease. It makes me sick to my stomach afterward. I think this has to do with my childhood as well, we practically NEVER ate out, maybe 2-3 times a year.

On a side note, I bought some store brand guacamole dip. My wife was eating it and said that it didn't taste much like avocados. We looked on the package "less than 3% avocados". We are going back to homemade guacamole with real avocados.