So... I got my V8 penny stove completed. I just used the simple two can design - one inverted into the other. I did not use a penny or screw for the center hole(s). I have 5 holes... 3 jets on the inside pointing towards the center and 2 filler holes. All are 1/16". I used a coke can as a primer, slightly hammering down the convex center so that the stove sits nicely on top.

I used denatured alc for fuel, filling the primer pan with about 2mL and the 20mL in the stove (about .75oz total). I lit the primer and started the clock. I got a hard rolling boil at 7:52 with a burnout at 9:20. I uses my standard pot: a Snow Peak 700 cup with lid and a windscreen-stand combo -which puts my pot about 1.25" above the stove.

I would like to thank all those through the years that have had a terrible influence on me during this addiction. j/k But I do appreciate the tid bits and outright critiques that I've received here. Now I can rest with a stove that fits my needs well. Thank you. (I'm going to take a nap.)