No, being sore from the pack rubbing your hips and shoulders is not normal. (You'll sometimes get a little soreness if you haven't been out in a while, as your muscles reacquaint themselves with carrying a pack, but this usually disappears - at least for me - by the second or third morning, and it's more of an annoyance than a noticeable discomfort.)

If you're having issues with a pack making your shoulders and hips sore, it can be a couple of things. First, and most obvious, is that the pack doesn't fit right. As a result, to keep it from slipping, you have to cinch it really tightly around your hips (too tightly) and the shoulder straps get snugged down tightly to keep it from flopping around. Check your suspension; if it's adjustable, get someone to help make sure you've got it adjusted properly. If it's not adjustable, the only solution may be a different pack.

The other possibility is that the pack fits correctly, but you overloaded it. For example, my Vapor Trail is "comfort" rated for a 30-pound load; around 28 pounds, and definitely over 30, the weight overwhelms the suspension. The pack tries to slide down around my knees, I can't get it to ride comfortably on my shoulders, and the hipbelt actually starts to double over on itself. (I found this out the first time I took a weeklong trip with it, carrying 4 quarts of water the first afternoon for a while. By midday the next day, I was down to a quart of water, and the overload issue was gone.) You might want to check the rating for your pack, too. If you find this is the issue, get the rest of your gear to where you want it, then buy an appropriate pack and get it fitted to you.