I like the idea of a batch feed also. You get a sense for how much fuel you need. With the Kelly Kettle I can easily drop more sticks in the top but I try and get it right from the start. In cold wet weather I often get it wrong and have to start over.

I was thinking with your stove you could have a small round hole, maybe 1/2" diameter in the wind screen and in the stove, just above the grate, but it might not be easy to jam a stick in sideways with the other sticks vertical. Rocket stoves work that way. Maybe you would need 1" diameter and do 3 sticks at once and do it either continuous horizontal feed or batch vertical feed but not both. A metal tube for horizontal feed tube can help limit the primary air.

I think there is really a continuum between a conventional wood stove and a gasification wood stove. What varies is the amount of secondary air. You can sometimes minimizes primary air to get higher combustion temperatures, but you still need a little or it will stall. It is also possible to get high enough combustion temperatures without restricting primary air and using secondary air, but this can get hard with very small wood stoves, especially when the fuel is moist and you want to start heating up a cold pot as soon as possible. Success still depends largely on the fuel, and increasing the size of the combustion chamber for a little more volume to surface area is helpful for small stove.

I like your design because it allows you to keep the combustion burner small enough to fit in a bottle holder, perhaps nesting a water bottle into it. It's easier to push a water bottle back into the pocket if there is a can or mug there. Maybe mug on one side and burner on the other. I like the fact that the wind screen can be rolled out flat or around the sleeping pad or whatever, and does all the work of holding the pot up, but is far enough away from flames to be light aluminum. It might be prone to burning where the tent pegs go through. Titanium or aluminum pegs might act as less of a catalyst than the steel nail. You could also push the envelop on height maybe, for better draft. Maybe adjust your holes so it is always the same diameter on the bottom but becomes more conical if you want to narrow the top for a smaller diamether mug or canteen. Or maybe it could be rectangular when folded flat, and be shorter and wider for your pot, and taller and narrower for your mug or canteen.