I think I have mentioned before that I like to mess with woodgas stoves. I've been doing it for several months and finally settled on a design that is easy to make and reliably boils 2 cups of water (and keeps it boiling for a few minutes). I've posted the instructions here.

There is no real original work here on my part. I tried several designs, both my own and others, and I settled on a Garlington-type design. Mine weighs 1.4 oz. The potstand/windscreen resembles Jim Wood's fire bucket and weighs 2.2 oz. I designed mine so that I could disassemble and roll it up to save space. The windscreen is quite important in the design. Besides blocking the wind it also pre-warms the secondary air which I have found is important to optimal functioning.

If you've never made a woodgas stove they are really fun to use. It's super cool to watch it work and see the flames shoot in from the secondary air holes where the air mixes with the woodgas rising up from below.