Marksclan-

How large is your bean can? Lots of lightweight pots are on the flimsy side. I have used a Vienna sausage can for years, since before the side-cutter can openers came out. Beer cans are pretty flexible, too, especially if the top is removed with a side-cutter.

My solutions to avoid crushing are to either pack the cans with other items, or pack the cans inside other items. See if you can find some sort of lightweight plastic container. Years ago, I used a plastic canister from soft drink powders, a la SGT Rock. More recently, I've been using a Ziplock bowl with a screw top. I've lined the bowl on the outside with windshield reflector to hold in heat as my food reconstitutes with boiling water.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Firelight Trapper Mug and the companion Caldera Cone set up. The Calderas are now sold with a nice little plastic canister/caddy. A friend had some spare Reflectix, so I now have a Reflectix cozy for this little gem. Inside the caddy, I can fit the Trapper Mug, a lighter, 1/4 Handiwipe, alcohol fuel bottle, long-handled Ti-spoon, MSR pot lifter, rolled Caldera Cone, and the stove. Sweet! This takes up more room than my Vienna sausage can pot set up, but may be more functional. It is at least easier and cheaper to buy alcohol than the Esbits I have been using.

Now, I just need some play time...

As I said above, look for a plastic container to protect your pot as it is carried, just make it fit more than one use in your set up.

CamperMom