Jim, before I left, I knew there could be a 30% chance of snow/rain. When I picked up my permit at the TM permit office in Yosemite, the forecast was 4" snow o/n and another 8" the next day, my second day out. I need some light rain pants, I brought my 4 oz, windpants, which I wore for a little bit the second day out when it was light showers. I hiked in my shorts most of the day as I was fine in the 4" of snow which I ran into the last three hours out. Lunch was cool, but I put my vest on then. I had my BD Hilight tent, 15 degree WM down bag, Mont Bell down liner pants, WM down vest, Golite Coal syn jacket, wool cap, polartec gloves, 4 oz. Gramweinie rain jacket and a extra pair of dry Smartwool socks, I was pretty tired but went the last 2.5 miles to where I wanted to camp where I found a snow free site, big enough to pitch my tent. My first day out I did 18 miles, my most ever and 11 the second day. The third and fourth days were nice and sunny as was the morning I hiked out. In my shorts.:)