It's not their fault, it's my problem. My best friend and neighbor has 3 cats and 2 dogs. When I visit for just a few minutes and come home. I have this ritual of stripping in the garage, putting my cloths directly in the washer. My wife is a severe asthmatic. Meds are $600 a month so we have to be careful. Also I don't visit my buddy unless I'm in work cloths etc. BTW I know a lot of people that are alergic to cats. My brother was highly alergic to cats. We were once at my aunts house celebrating christmas and my brothers eyes were almost swollen shut and he was sneezing continuosly. When he made the comment about something in the house that was bothering him. My DA aunt stated. Well, your sitting in the cats chair. That's when the S--t hit the fan. The celebration ended abrubtly and our family didn't return to their home. We didn't know that he was allergic, but they didn't show any concern. So we returned the favor. I haven't spoken to them in years. Sometimes people show their true self. Cat's don't change.