I'm not sure. I knew I could get a 3 inch pipe, not necessarily a 2, and I know 6 inches by 1 foot is about the smallest practical "micro sized" tent stove I've seen, such as the rollup titanium foil version sold by titanium goat. So - I wasn't about to try for something smaller than that. I'll let you know once it gets colder. based on my experience with stoves in larger hot tents (like an 8 x 10 foot wall jobby) I'd say what I have now throws out a nice enough amount of heat through the stove and pipe to keep me very comfortable down into some pretty nasty temperatures as long as I am feeding it fuel. The goal for winter camping is to have a place to warm up and get dry, and potentially melt a pile of snow for water without listening to the spectacular 45 minute nightly performance of the Grand Symphonic Suite For an Awful Lot of Sveas and Whisperlites. The goal is not to have a tent with central heating that will leave you in your shirtsleeves all night. So this doesn't replace having proper clothing and sleeping arrangements or anything like that. 30 to 45 minutes after I stop feeding it, I expect to have not a heck of a lot of heat coming off it.
Browse my pictures