DJ2:

The numbers are correct. Quality pump filters have pore sizes of 0.2 (MSR) to 0.3 (Katadyn) micron. Sawyer purifier is 0.1, Seychelle inline is 2.0 and the AquaMira Frontier Pro is 3.0. I would NOT use either a Seychelle or a Frontier Pro all by itself. A filter that can't block out bacteria reliably is a toy. However, these "toys" can still serve a purpose if paired with chemicals.

I've used the Sawyer in-line purifier. Two big negatives (for me):

1. No carbon element -- meaning the purifier cannot improve water taste by adsorbing chemicals. If the water source tastes bad -- or if you've added chemicals for treatment -- then the water passing through the purifier will still carry the bad taste.

2. Priming -- this purifier requires priming with a water faucet attachment before each use -- not just the first time when new -- but EVERY TIME after it's been dry in-between uses! If you don't, then water will come out tediously slow -- be it sucking or using as gravity feed. The force of a faucet is required to thoroughly prime (wet out) the filter -- priming CANNOT be done by giving the thing a few extra suckings while in the field.

No. 2 essentially renders the filter's dry weight as meaningless. The true carry weight is the weight of the filter soaked -- I don't remember what that was exactly any more, but likely around 6-7 ounces.