Guys-

A few things about chlorine bleach. It can be carcinogenic. I use it for laundry and some cleaning at home, but try to avoid inhaling fumes/vapors and skin contact. I don't want to ingest more of it than is necessary. I don't know if the carbon filters remove the carcinogenic properties with the taste. I would hope so. Sometime it is how a chemical reacts with other things that leads to carcinogens, so maybe those are still in the water. Again, I don't know on this one.

You can use less bleach (or Aqua Mira) if you increase the contact time, FYI. So, If you can let the water sit for double the time, such as overnight, the dosage can be reduced. This can save money, chemical exposure, AND our taste buds.

Check the label on your bleach bottle. The house brand from the "Dollar Store" may well have a lower concentration of chlorine than Clorox brand, and now bleach is being sold in the "Ultra," or concentrated form. You may wish to plan your number of drops accordingly. And, repeating from another post, make sure you use the plain, old-fashioned bleach, not the fancy, scented stuff.

Letting water sit uncovered for several hours can also allow chlorine to evaporate, too.

Regards,

CamperMom