I just posted this rather large question in the recent Platy thread. I learned a lot in that helpful thread, and yesterday bought my first two Platys. Solves several problems. But I still wonder about the other solutions.

So, what do most of you use as your water carrier(s) when on your treks? The Nalgene or other bottles? The platys in this thread? A Camelback 2L? Dromedary bladder with attachments?

I assume taking enough water for a couple of nights, but I'd also enjoy hearing about those longer treks some of you lucky folk get to take. Also assuming there is a need to carry water. Even here in soaking wet Northern New England there are hikes where supplemental water is not reliable. Of course many of you go into very arid regions, and your stories would interest me too.

Also, even in my cool climate, the sun can practically render external containers very warm, still drinkable, I think, but no longer cool and refreshing. Do your desert hikers gain anything by burying the water in the interior of your pack---or does it all end up hot anyway?

Sorry for the long question. I'm just getting back into this, (as in the Over the Hill subform.)

BorealHiker