I still have a Svea 123, circa early 1970s. I'm sure there are Sveas out there still going strong from the 60s. Once they came out with a detachable pressure pump for it, starting up in any weather was not a problem. Turn open the valve and click your lighter. Vrooom. Jet engine in only a few moments. Since all the parts of the stove were designed to be replaceable, there's no telling how many years of regular use could be had.

One last note - I found that filtering the white gas used in the stove (and a .5 liter Sigg bottle with gas for week long trips) increased the reliablity and reduced clogged jet syndrome. Keep the jet nozzle clean and you're good to go.

The Svea is [Edited for inappropriate languge, please review forum policies for more information] well reliable, but the Coleman Peak 1 Ultralite with pump pressurized tank, fold out legs to stablize it, and a very well controlled gas valve that could roar or simmer with ease.

In comparison, the Svea could put out the heat, but tempering the flame reliably was, well, temperamental.

Such a fine hand made brass stove is worthy of life long status. Show the next generation of campers how to use it. Take them on a trip using the old Svea. Let them see and experience that human art that is timeless - not digitized. It goes right along with learning to build and tend a fire. Be a primal man with your Svea!
And make some good corn liquer with it, too.