I posted this some time ago to the Thur-hiker message board but it may work for what your looking for. The blend fabrics Ursack uses has a high percentage of Kevlar in it and I was reading in auto week that so do air-bags. Well one of my other hobbies is working and camping in my 97 vw vanagon and this sends me to the junk yard once in a wile. Well last time I was there I cut out about 5 air bags to play with and made a stuff sack from it. I've found it it's really strong stuff. One of the keep parts of the Ursack is the metal insert adds some stiffness to the outside and makes it harder for mice and small animals to bite down on.

Anyway, I left my bag out by the trash to see if any small animals could get into it and was happy. I'm not saying I'd use it for Bear and I still tend to hang it but I've been happy. If you give it a go what I've found is side of passenger side bags give the most usable area over driver side. Also most of the air bags I found have a rubber coating on the inside which is also nice.

I call it my airbag bear bag. ;-)

This messenger bag I made to carry my tools around in the junk yard, also from air bags