Hi y'all - thanks for looking in and hopefully bringing some advice. I've been hiking with family and friends along the East Coast / AT since I was a kid, so I'm not a total newbie.
In a few weeks I'll be taking off on my first solo trip in the MidWest (4 days / 3 nights.) I've got a couple questions but here is helpful context :
- Accompanied by large K9
- Hammock w/ rainfly (each day wraps @ shelters though ice)
- Heading NE on the IAT from the Whitewater area / Clover Valley trail head
1. Likelihood of bear run-ins along this route?
2. Anything to watch for with weather this time of year? I'm still getting used to how fast things shift (precipitation and temp) here.
3. Anything to know with the dog in the Whitewater area? Terrain or wildlife concerns outside of the usual?
I'm new to the forums. Don't have FB so appreciate help here... anything I should be aware of as far as current happenings / human-related safety concerns in this area?
Thank you in advance for the welcome & help