Backcountry Forum
Backpacking & Hiking Gear

Backcountry Forum
Our long-time Sponsor - the leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear

Amazon.com
Backpacking Forums
---- Our Gear Store ----
The Lightweight Gear Store

WINTER CAMPING 

Shelters
Bivy Bags
Sleeping Bags
Sleeping Pads
Snow Sports
Winter Kitchen

SNOWSPORTS 

Snowshoes
Avalanche Gear
Skins
Hats, Gloves, & Gaiters
Accessories

ULTRA-LIGHT 

Ultralight Backpacks
Ultralight Bivy Sacks
Ultralight Shelters
Ultralight Tarps
Ultralight Tents
Ultralight Raingear
Ultralight Stoves & Cookware
Ultralight Down Sleeping Bags
Ultralight Synthetic Sleep Bags
Ultralight Apparel

the Titanium Page
WM Extremelite Sleeping Bags

CAMPING & HIKING 

Backpacks
Tents
Sleeping Bags
Hydration
Kitchen
Accessories

CLIMBING 

Ropes & Cordage
Protection & Hardware
Carabiners & Quickdraws
Climbing Packs & Bags
Big Wall
Rescue & Industrial

MEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

WOMEN'S APPAREL 

Jackets
Shirts
Baselayer
Headwear
Gloves
Accessories

FOOTWEAR 

Men's Footwear
Women's Footwear

CLEARANCE 

Backpacks
Mens Apparel
Womens Apparel
Climbing
Footwear
Accessories

BRANDS 

Black Diamond
Granite Gear
La Sportiva
Osprey
Smartwool

WAYS TO SHOP 

Sale
Clearance
Top Brands
All Brands

Backpacking Equipment 

Shelters
BackPacks
Sleeping Bags
Water Treatment
Kitchen
Hydration
Climbing

Backcountry Gear Clearance

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#202073 - 11/04/18 08:04 AM Mediterranean Coast Hike in Costa Brava, Spain
walkingnatur Offline

Loc: Spain
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/XNspyZWkzLg[/video]

Hello, everyone! We are a young couple who dedicates themselve to creating photo and video content, as well as our own music. Our content is related to travelling and adventures. We are passionate walkers who love hiking, trekking and camping. Our goal is to promote the healthy lifestyle, to motivate people to walk more and care for nature around.

We continue to share with you the Mediterranean coast hiking that we did this year. Discover the variety of landscapes and scenic beaches, its flora and fauna, historical places and small villages. These video series is devoted to the Catalonian part of it, starting from the French village Argelès-sur-Mer in Pyrénées-Orientales all the way to the Spanish village of Cadaqués and Cap de Creus cape on the Costa Brava. Immerse yourself in the peaceful holiday mood and we bet you'll find a place to put on your travel bucket list and to visit on your next vacation! Or even dare to do this hike yourself!

The night was extremely windy with the wind fiercely blowing up our tent so it was quite disturbing to our sleep. The Camping Municipal de Cerbere where we stayed was situated right at the edge of the cliff where nothing could block the wind from any side. But we tried hard to sleep as much as we could cause the long day was expecting us. We planned to pass by the town of Cerbere, crossing the border to Portbou in Spain and walk all the way to the little town at the coast Colera. So we got up really early at 6:00 am and we could met the beautiful sunrise right from the sea, had our breakfast and were ready to go. We were really hungry cause the evening before we couldn't find any open supermarket (on Mondays, you know) and our food supplies were close to zero. So we were heading to the town that was a 3 kms walk going along the cliffs. After one hour hiking we got to the town Cerbere, found the supermarket on the central square and were out to find the spot for the breakfast. We decided to walk out of the town to the lighthouse at the edge of a cliff where we hoped to find a nice place to eat. It was a scenic place with the views over the town and a nice resting area with lots of benches. And there were two options to take from the Cerbere town: one going to the peak which looked quite steep but has more potential of great views and the other one going around the mountain partly on the car road that was easier but at the same time less interesting. When we got to the top of the mountain we saw the two towns from above the French town Cerbere and the Spanish Portbou that were very similar looking with two huge railway stations. Then after a steep uphill no less steep downhill was waiting for us. On the way we had to get through lots of cactuses, spiky plants and bushes, crawling down the rocks and balancing on the little falling rocks on the trail. So with the heavy backpacks it was a very challenging task to do. But we were happy we took it because it was a unique and scenic trail going at the edge of a cliff and offering the best views possible. This challenge we'll remember for a long time. When we were getting close to Portbou the trail started to go right at the sea level and we had to jump and climb several rocks before we came out to the town beach. We didn't spend much time in Portbou and got off on the new trail leading us to Colera...

Watch the full video here: https://youtu.be/XNspyZWkzLg

Hope you enjoyed our video! Leave us a comment if you have any further questions left or just want to share your experience. We would love to read your feedback - it is very important to us!

#202075 - 11/04/18 02:33 PM Re: Mediterranean Coast Hike in Costa Brava, Spain [Re: walkingnatur]
aimless Online   content

Loc: Portland, OR
While I am sure that your videos will appeal to some hikers, travel to Europe in order to hike is not in my future plans, so I am not part of your audience. I hope your audience finds you.

#202095 - 11/10/18 03:59 PM Re: Mediterranean Coast Hike in Costa Brava, Spain [Re: aimless]
walkingnatur Offline

Loc: Spain
Originally Posted By aimless
While I am sure that your videos will appeal to some hikers, travel to Europe in order to hike is not in my future plans, so I am not part of your audience. I hope your audience finds you.

Hello! Thank you for the support. Maybe you will change your mind in the future, who knows wink

Edited by walkingnatur (11/10/18 04:00 PM)

Shout Box

Highest Quality Lightweight Down Sleeping Bags

Western Mountaineering Sleeping Bags

Lite Gear Talk - Featured Topics
Backcountry Discussion - Featured Topics
Make Your Own Gear - Featured Topics
Featured Photos
Spiderco Chaparral Pocketknife
David & Goliath
Also Testing
Trip Report with Photos
Seven Devils, Idaho
Oat Hill Mine Trail 2012
Dark Canyon - Utah
Who's Online
0 registered (), 160 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Noodles, McCrary, DanyBacky, Rashy Willia, WanderBison
13240 Registered Users
Forum Links
Disclaimer
Policies
Site Links
Backpacking.net
Lightweight Gear Store
Backpacking Book Store
Lightweight Zone
Hiking Essentials

Our long-time Sponsor, BackcountryGear.com - The leading source for ultralite/lightweight outdoor gear:

Backcountry Forum

Affiliate Disclaimer: This forum is an affiliate of BackcountryGear.com, Amazon.com, R.E.I. and others. The product links herein are linked to their sites. If you follow these links to make a purchase, we may get a small commission. This is our only source of support for these forums. Thanks.!

Since 1996 - the Original Backcountry Forum
Copyright © The Lightweight Backpacker & BackcountryForum